Chef Dawn Walker

Chef Dawn Walker, an SCVi parent and professional chef, shared the SCVi leadership team’s commitment to making delicious and nutritious meals available to learners since the school’s opening. In November 2012, Chef Dawn helped SCVi to realize this dream as it opened The Café. Unlike any school cafeteria out there today, over 70 percent of meals served at The Café are made from scratch, using clean ingredients and wholesome recipes. The other 30 percent include whole breast chicken tenders and other items made with minimal ingredients, no high fructose corn syrup, no MSG, little hydrogenated oils, and little preservatives, additives, and coloring. The Café also features an all-you- can eat salad bar, free fresh whole fruit for staff and learners, and
catering services for school meetings and events. It has hosted dances, community mixers, presentations of learning, and art showcases, plus offered internship opportunities for SCVi upper school learners.